Check out our top tips on things to do in the garden this spring:
- Prune roses to a forward facing bud and wisterias to 2 or 3 buds.
- Cut back buddleia, dog wood, willow, ornamental grasses and summer flowering clematis to a pair of buds just above ground level.
- Apply a layer of bark chippings or mulch to your garden borders to help suppress weeds and improve soil moisture retention.
- Plant your summer flowering bulbs, pansies, and lift up and divide overgrown clumps of perennials.
- Prune any ornamental garden trees to ensure they remain healthy, safe and in good shape.
- Scarify your lawn to allow the soil to absorb more oxygen and accelerate growth.
- Turn your compost heap to give it an influx of oxygen that will speed up the decomposition process.
- Give your garden fence a new lease of life with a fresh coat of paint whilst you can still get to it.
Garden maintenance services available in Market Harborough, Kibworth, Great Glen and surrounding areas.